Fire & Ice Festival
February 20-21, 2016
Fire & Ice - Celebrating the Adirondack's Winter Season
Note: There will not be a Fire & Ice Festival in 2017.
Built around the popular Fire & Ice Golf Tournament, the Fire & Ice Festival is a spectacular showcase of all things fun about winter in the Adirondacks. As the event schedule continues to grow each year with activities, we have found this festival is definitely not lacking one thing: character! From fire dancers and ice carvers to winter golf, snowmobile runs, ski races and zorb balls - Fire & Ice has events for all ages. Of course, you're sure to get a kick out of that Sasquatch Mascot that is sure to sighted around town throughout the weekend. So, have we made our point? The Fire and Ice Festival, with character and a whole lot of fun is one event you need to put on your must-do list this winter!
Schedule of Events
Friday, February 19, 2016
- 9pm: Fire & Ice Festival Weekend Opener - Live music from Trench Town Oddities at Trail's End Tavern.
Saturday, February 2016
Venue: Tupper Lake Municipal Park
- All Day - Sledding hill & outdoor skating rink open
- 11am - 3pm: Bonfire, Ice Bar and P-2's Beer, Wine & Food Shack opens at the Tupper Lake Municipal Park
- 12pm - 4pm: Clydesdale sleigh rides (free)
- 12pm - 3pm: The 5th Annual Fire & Ice Golf Tournament (awards ceremony following the tournament at P-2's Irish Pub)
- 2pm: Ice Carving Demonstration
- 3pm: Building concludes on the team snow sculpting contest (weather dependent)
- 6pm: Dazzling fire dancing show by Fire Magick (and the bonfire returns)
- 7pm: Fireworks
- 11am - 12pm: Fire & Ice Festival Reading Hour at The Goff-Nelson Memorial Library.
- 1pm - 3pm: Free public skating at the Tupper Lake Memorial Civic Center on Santa Clara Avenue.
- 4pm: Chicken BBQ begins at the Moose Lodge on Cedar Street.
- 6pm: Final poker hand of the Snowmobile Fun Run hosted by the Tupper Lake Snowmobile Association will be played at the Moose Lodge.
- 8pm: Full moon ski & bonfire - Enjoy Tupper Lake's free, groomed cross-country ski & snowshoe trails by moonlight. Meet up at Cranberry pond for a bonfire and camaraderie.
- 8pm: Live acoustic set from HammerLok at P-2's Irish Pub on Main Street in Tupper Lake.
- 8pm: Snow sculpture contest awards announced followed by live music from Brock Gonyea at the Grand Union/Woodsmen's Tavern on Depot Street.
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Venue: Tupper Lake Groomed Cross Country Ski Center
- 10am - 4pm: Arthur's BBQ Food Truck will serving some of their famous BBQ fare
- 11am - 4pm: Dogsled rides from "Call of the Wild" ($10)
- 11am - 2pm: Zorb Ball Races
- 1pm: Ski/Shoe/Sled Relay (3 person teams - consisting of 1 xc-skier, 1 snowshoer, 1 sledder.) Presented by the Tupper Lake Recreation Department.
- 2pm: Green Sledding Competition (Make a sled out of recycled materials i.e. cardboard box, old hamper, cookie sheet, etc. and enter the sledding competition. $50 first place prize, $25 second place prize.)
- Free cookies & water in the Pro-Shop Warming Shack (until supplies are gone)
- Sledding hill, cross-country skiing on groomed trails, snowshoeing, bonfire & more!
Join in the fun!
Make a weekend of it -- browse through our lodging options and plan on staying close by. Don't miss any of the fun activities planned for the annual Fire & Ice Festival, it's sure to be a great time!
Note: The schedule of events is continuing to grow, so make sure to check back often for more details.