Craft beer, cross-country skiing, friends, and a beautiful winter day.
What more could you ask for on a Saturday in February? The annual Tupper Lake BrewSki is slated for Saturday, February 25th from 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the James C. Frenette Sr Recreational Trails located at the Tupper Lake Golf Course.
People of all ages will gather on cross-country skis, snowshoes, fat tire bikes, or winter boots and explore the mile and a half beer trail. Each year, the event is full of fun, friends and family getting together, and cool brews. This year, the Town of Tupper Lake has put together an amazing lineup of breweries with a total of 17 different beers and ciders being poured. Breweries from all over will be represented, from your hometown brewery, Raquette River Brewing, to breweries extending all the way to Albany, Utica, and Watertown.
Tickets can be purchased online prior to the event, and I highly recommend doing so! The BrewSki has sold out in previous years. You only need to purchase a ticket if you plan on drinking the beer samples. People under 21 or those not drinking can come along for the fun! Bring the kids and their sleds and let them try out our sledding hill, or pull them along on the trail! The BrewSki is a fun day for the whole family. Here's a sneak peek of who's attending the BrewSki; take a look and see if your favorite brewery made the list!
Full list of 2023 breweries:
- Raquette River Brewing (Tupper Lake)
- Maple Brewing (Akwesasne)
- Livingoods (Peru, NY)
- Big Slide Brewery (Lake Placid, NY)
- Lake Placid Pub & Brewery (Lake Placid, NY)
- Hex & Hop Brewing (Bloomingdale, NY)
- Wood Boat (Clayton, NY)
- Oval Craft Brewing (Plattsburgh, NY)
- Woodland Farm (Utica, NY)
- Boots Brewing Company (Watertown, NY)
- Gristmill Brewery (Massena, NY)
- Ray Brook Brewhouse (Ray Brook, NY)
- Valcour Brewing (Plattsburgh, NY)
- Northway Brewing Co. (Queensbury, NY)
- Paradox Brewery (North Hudson, NY)
- 1812 Brewing Co. (Sackets Harbor, NY)
- Nine Pin Cider Works (Albany, NY)
Also happening in conjunction with the BrewSki will be the Fire & Ice Golf Tournament. Teams of three will play two rounds of a 5-hole scramble and turn in their best score for a chance at prize money. If you have golf fever and can't wait for spring, this is the fun event for you!
Other cross-country ski happenings
The fun doesn't stop at the BrewSki! During each full moon, locals gather for a moonlit ski to the fire pit at Cranberry Pond. Everyone brings their own snacks and beverages and bonds over tales told around the bonfire. Each moonlit ski is weather permitting; check our events calendar or the Tupper Lake Groomed XC Trails Facebook page for more information.