How To Tackle The List!
Last minute Christmas shopping craziness!
If you are like me, there are two weeks until Christmas and you haven't done any of your shopping… It’s go time! There are plenty of options here in our little town. In my family, there are two types of people you have to shop for — luckily the stores in Tupper Lake make it a breeze.
Two top things the women in my life love: jewelry and decorations for their house.
How lucky are we to have some of the best shops for these pieces?
I don’t know anyone that would ask you to return a gift of a Casagrain painting from their gallery on Park Street! And, the Spruce & Hemlock Country Store, Cabin Fever Floral and Gifts, and Trillium Gift Shop & Florist are all busting at the seams with ideas to get any female in your family! From home decor to clothing to jewelry, or even a beautiful flower arrangement, there are tons of options.
- Spruce and Hemlock strives to be original in making as many of their products as they can. Get personalized engraving or printing on most items to ensure you have the most unique Christmas gift under the tree.
- Cabin Fever Floral & Gifts is stocked with beautiful decorations, ornaments, jewelry, and so.much.more. Pop in to see what they have to offer this beautiful season, and grab some flowers to take home and brighten up your room.
- Trillium Gift Shop & Florist is literally packed with goodies. From floor to ceiling, wall to wall, you need a couple of hours to walk through and see everything they have to offer. If you leave there without being able to find anything — I recommend you go back in and look again. You will see so many things you missed the first time!
One word and my guys* will all be happy. BEER.
Craft beer drinkers love to show off their favorite breweries, so what better gifts than apparel from the two local breweries in town?
Both Raquette River Brewing and Big Tupper Brewing have their own little merchandise areas where you can find something for the beer drinker in your family.
- Raquette River Brewing has anything you can think of as far as apparel goes. T-shirts, long sleeves, hoodies, hats, everything. The best part? If there is something you want and you don’t see it, put an order in and they will get it for you. Of course, you can’t leave without a filled growler. Mango Wheat, please.
- Big Tupper Brewing also has an apparel section in their Adirondack Store inside the pub. Shop their glassware and coffee selection here before filling a growler and heading to that Christmas party.
- Did I mention buying presents for your four-legged friends? You can’t forget about your pups and both breweries have gift ideas for your family dog. Collars, leashes, and sweaters will keep them geared up throughout the holiday season.
*Disclaimer: Beer is not only for the men in the family, women may be upset if you do not have growlers for them under the tree also.
Stumped on a gift for a family member or friend?
Outdoor gear, a souvenir, or a membership from The Wild Center top some Christmas lists!
The Countdown is on…
There's no reason to cut your Adirondack play dates short just because you have holiday gifts to buy. Pack up the kids and head to the Tupper Lake Region for a day (or weekend!) of outdoor fun, and while you're at it, cross some Christmas shopping off your list! Take a look around town, visit our local shops, and be secure in the knowledge that you'll be showing up with some of the best gifts at the holiday celebration.
This week in related ADK news: