The wait is over!
You’re not excited that your local coffee shop is now serving up pumpkin spice lattes. Just like you don’t care to spend your Sunday’s out apple picking. It's not that you don't care for apples... it’s just that you have one thing on your mind and you have been counting down the days since February for it to arrive. Well, the wait is over — football season is finally here!
But then you remember you have that fall trip coming up and catching the game while traveling might seem to be a bit challenging, to say the least. Especially if not everyone in your traveling party is a huge _____ fan like you. (For the sake of argument, I'll let you fill in your own favorite NFL team).
Well, there's no need to worry because here is what you need know about navigating game day in Tupper Lake.
Welcome to Lakeview Lanes
Game Day Headquarters
Located along NY State Route 30 in Tupper Lake you will find Lakeview Lanes. From the outside, this large blue building might not seem like your game day travel savior but trust me, this place will save you from having the game-day blues.
12 Flat Screen TV's (and more to come)
Why you ask? Well, why not!
Just like having once caught a fish doesn’t make you a professional angler, playing just one game on one television doesn’t make you a sports bar. The Foul Line Sports Bar at Lakeview Lanes boasts enough TVs that there isn't a bad seat in the house. Add to it that they have the NFL Sunday Ticket and you know that you are guaranteed to be able to see any game that is on & follow all of the players in your fantasy league.
New - Foul Line Sports Bar Menu
New for the 2016-17 season, Lakeview Lanes has added a kitchen and is now busy serving up the quintessential game day must haves - wings, pizza, and more. For the sake of being honest, I will say that I have not had a chance to dig in yet, but it's on my bucket list because from what I have seen and heard - it's got my mouth watering. Prices are great and the service is friendly, so there is no need for nail biting (even during the close games).
Great Beer Selection
Serving everything from local craft beers to a wide assortment of domestics (both on draft and in the bottle), you are sure to find the right beverage to wash down the wings and pizza. Lakeview Lanes claims to have the coldest draft beer in town, and while I can't say that I've done a temperature test from bar to bar to verify — although that would be a fun excuse for a bar crawl — I can say that it is good and cold. On NFL Sunday, they offer $2 pints on domestic drafts. In addition to beer, Lakeview Lanes has a full service bar, so if beer isn't your thing, you are sure to find an option to your liking.
Bowling & More
Now, here is my favorite part of this sports bar... it's not just a sports bar, but a bowling alley as well! When we travel, we are traveling with kids who do not always care that it is the sacred "game time." So, while the hubby is catching the game, I can let the little ones burn off some energy with a game of their own. The divider between the bowling lanes and the bar provides just enough barrier to create a space for us to enjoy family-time on the lanes, yet close enough the bar and food that we know when the order is up, and dad can join us and still see some of the 12 screens.
In addition to bowling, Lakeview Lanes offers up a variety of standard bar games such as pool, darts, Quick-Draw, and more.
More Game Day Options...
In addition to the Foul Line Sports Bar at Lakeview Lanes, Tupper Lake boasts a variety of other great options for surviving game day on the road.
- Little Italy on Park Street in Tupper Lake offers up great food & atmosphere. Whether you choose to grab a slice of pizza and some wings or dig further into their full Italian menu, you won't be sorry with this choice.
- Ohana's 1950's Diner (also on Park Street) has recently added a flat screen TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket Package so that patrons can catch the perfect combination of game, burger, and beer.
- Big Tupper Brewing's beautiful new brewpub on Cliff Avenue has two large flat screen TVs - so follow their motto: "If it isn't fun, it isn't worth doing" and pull up for an "IPA Eh" during the game.
- Delivery - Guido's Pizzeria and Tyler's NY Pizzeria both offer free delivery.
- WiFi - You're on vacation and you don't want to have to go inside? Not a problem! The Tupper Lake Municipal Park (including the Little Loggers Playground) has free WiFi throughout. Now you can stream the game and get the stats on your fantasy team while not missing a second of the great Adirondack outdoors.
Whether it is catching the game on the 12 screens at Lakeview Lanes, or pulling up to the bar at one of our other great restaurants, pubs or taverns, you can rest assured that Tupper Lake is ready to make sure you won't miss a second of the action during your next Adirondack adventure. See you at kick-off!
Touchdown! ADK gameday roundup: