Celebrate Totality with the Adirondack Sky Center & Observatory
Tupper Lake, New York, is at the heart of totality for the April 8th Total Solar Eclipse, boasting an impressive 3 minutes and 35 seconds of darkness. Known as "Eclipse Central," it offers a festival-like atmosphere for those eager to immerse themselves in the experience before, during, and after the eclipse.
The Adirondack Sky Center and Observatory, the Adirondacks’ sole public astronomy-based organization situated in Tupper Lake, for this once-in-a-lifetime celestial event. Their main event will unfold on Sunday, April 7th, and Monday, April 8th, 2024, at LP Quinn Elementary School located at 294 Hosley Avenue.
All events and activities hosted by the Adirondack Sky Center and Observatory at the L.P. Quinn campus are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
Celestial Activities on April 7 & 8 Include:
- NASA Live Streams
- Interactions with NASA Solar Eclipse Ambassadors
- Feeds from Tupper Lake on the NASA Live Stream
- Citizen Science Experiments
- StarLab Planetarium
- Solar Telescope Viewing
- Family-friendly activities
- Enlightening guest speakers from institutions like the Harvard-Smithsonian Observatory & Wesleyan Universities
- Commemorative merchandise
- Food trucks
- Eclipse glasses
Visit the Adirondack Sky Center for their completed schedule of events and activities.