Discover winter magic at The Wild Center
Wander into The Wild Center's enchanting, illuminated, winter wonderland to explore the sights and sounds of Wild Lights, presented by Merrill L. Thomas, Inc.
Thousands of lights transform their campus into a twinkling, family-friendly experience that is sure to become a holiday tradition for North Country families!
What dates will Wild Lights be held?
- Fridays and Saturdays from November 25 to February 25
- Open every day during Winter Week – December 16 to December 23
- Open every day during Holiday Week – December 26 to December 31
- Open every day during World University Games Week – January 13 to January 21
- Open every day during President’s Week – February 17 to February 25
What time can we visit?
- 5 pm to 8 pm
What is there to do and see?
- Forest Music: Over 130 trees are wrapped in colorful lights that illuminate the forest and will transport you to a winter wonderland. A new musical composition from Whatever Penny creates a magical three-dimension dreamy winter soundscape
- Wild Walk: We’ve strung the award-winning Wild Walk in tens of thousands of lights so you can experience the outdoors like never before. New winter installations provide Instagram-worthy photos and opportunities to create lifelong winter memories.
- Stickwork: Patrick Dougherty’s “Hopscotch” glows and provides an opportunity for your imagination to run wild.
- Indoors: Warm up inside with hot drinks, food, and an opportunity to check out the Living River Trail (otters included!). Interactive light up pieces like an oversized Lite Brite provides fun for kids and a chance for old school nostalgia for adults.
What is the price?
- November 25 (Member Day): Free for All Members
- November 26 to February 25: $5 for Adults, free for children under 18
- Adults $10, Youth $5, Children 4 and under are free
Please note: Wild Lights is not included with regular daytime (10am to 5pm) Wild Center admission and must be purchased separately
Do I need to buy a ticket before arrival?
- Tickets are not required prior to arrival, but because of limited numbers, we anticipate sellouts. Pre-purchasing tickets also speed up the check-in process.
Are the trails clear of snow?
The Wild Center does minimal grooming of trails. We recommend appropriate footwear during the wintery months.