Totality in Tupper at The Wild Center
Join The Wild Center on April 8th, 2024, for the Community Free Day at The Wild Center, a special event in honor of the 2024 total solar eclipse! The Wild Center is excited to welcome the community for free on this day, as part of a collaborative initiative with Tupper Lake, aimed at promoting accessible and secure viewing options for this remarkable celestial event.
This once-in-a-lifetime event presents a unique opportunity to spark new interest in science learning for people of all backgrounds and abilities. The Wild Center is the hub for science learning in the region and is home to science on a sphere, interactive outdoor exhibits, and a wide range of educational programs for learners of all ages including live science demonstrations, animals, and hands-on workshops. The Wild Center has a jam-packed schedule planned for April 8, 2024 - take a look below to get a feel for what will be happening throughout the day!
Total Solar Eclipse Activities & Programs:
*Happening all weekend long, from Saturday, April 6th to Monday, April 8th
- Glass blowing demonstrations from The Corning Museum of Glass Mobile Hot Shop
- Free solar viewing glasses
- Solar-powered silent disco with live DJ
- Opportunities to get commemorative eclipse tattoos from hand poke tattoo artist Jane Romm from Plain Jane Tattoos
- New immersive and interactive eclipse-inspired musical experiences from Whatever Penny
- Make your own pinhole viewers
- Oversized Solar viewing glasses
- Special programming in Planet Adirondack
- Live creature features that focus on how the Sun affects animals' lives, circadian rhythms, and yearly behavior
- Solar-powered maple tastings, tours, tapping demos, special themed foods
- Food trucks
Saturday, April 6th & Sunday, April 7th
- Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Normal admission price - Get tickets
Monday, April 8th
- Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Community free day - Registration required