Alpine Skiing & Riding
Skiing and riding is BIG in Tupper Lake!
When the snow arrives, head for the higher grounds of the ski areas around the Adirondacks. Centrally located with skiing and riding in every direction, Tupper Lake is a great spot to make your basecamp during your next winter adventure. From family-friendly mountains, to intense vertical drop, Adirondack skiing and riding will not disappoint.
Distance to local ski areas:
- Big Tupper Ski Area, Tupper Lake - 5 miles
- Mt. Pisgah Ski Area, Saranac Lake - 23 miles
- Whiteface Mountain, Wilmington - 39 miles
- Titus Mountain Family Ski Area, Malone - 54 miles
- Gore Mountain Ski Resort, North Creek - 64 miles
- Oak Mountain, Speculator - 69 miles
- McCauley Mountain Ski Center, Old Forge - 70 miles
Whether you choose to ski or ride one mountain, two mountains or more, you will be pleased to discover Tupper Lake in the winter. After a day on the slopes connect over a little apres-ski at one of the local breweries or awesome eateries.
Insider's tip: Give your legs a downhill break! Trade in your skis for snowshoes and book an extra day to explore The Wild Center in the winter. Enjoy all the indoor exhibits, then head outdoors with the snowshoes that are available as part of your admission. Finish your visit with a warm cup of hot chocolate and a final visit to view the otters.