On Sunday, October 18, 2020, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that ski resorts can reopen with limited capacity and following state-issued health guidance starting Friday, November 6th.
The state guidance on the reopening of ski resorts includes the following precautions:
- Masks required at all times, except when eating/drinking or skiing.
- Social distancing between parties required at all times.
- Restrict gondolas/lifts to members of the same party.
- Limit ski lessons to no more than 10 people.
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection of shared/rented equipment.
- Shuttles, food and beverage, and retail service must conform to state-issued guidance.
- Reduce outdoor capacity on mountain by 25% during "peak" days or if multiple trails are closed due to unseasonable conditions.