Big Tupper Ski Area
As one of the oldest and most treasured ski areas in NY, Big Tupper ranks in the top 5 for vertical drop in the State. The mountain's three lifts transport skiers and riders to 25 trails, offering a variety of terrain ranging from the beginner to expert skill levels.
Big Mountain - Big Spirit
Big Tupper Ski Area is a true representation of Tupper Lake's character. After nearly a decade hiatus, the mountain reopened in 2009 and is currently operated as a not-for-profit ski resort. Volunteers and community minded individuals are at the heart and soul of Big Tupper. Today, the family oriented Big Tupper Ski Area serves up affordable, no-frill alpine skiing and snowboarding!
Big Mountain - Low Prices!
For families looking for an inexpensive way to enjoy the slopes, Big Tupper is the place to ski or ride. Take advantage of the opportunity to hit these natural snow covered trails for only $25 a day. So come hit the mountain without putting a dent in your wallet.
Big Mountain - Bright Future!
Planned upgrades and developments are in the pipelines for Big Tupper Ski Area as part of the much anticipated Adirondack Club and Resort (ACR) Project. However, with all the exciting changes expected, we guarantee one thing will stay the same...Big Tupper will continue to be a cornerstone for family fun during Adirondack's colder months. The Ski Area is currently closed due to the beginning of the ACR project.
- Base Elevation: 2,000 feet
- Summit Elevation: 3,165 feet
- Vertical Drop: 1,151 feet
- Lifts: 3 (2 Chair Lifts & The Mity Mite - Beginner Lift)
- Number of Trails: 25 trails
- Snowmaking: 100% natural snow
- Ticket Prices: $25 Day Lift Tickets / Free for those under 7 & 70+ / Free for Active Military
- Hours of Operation: Notice Big Tupper Ski Area is closed for the 2017-18 ski season. Anticipating opening 2018-2019 season. Check back for more information