The Tupper Lake Woodsmen's Days
With a history dating back to the 1930s, the Tupper Lake Woodsmen's Days is weekend-long festival designed to celebrate the region's storied heritage of logging and lumberjacking. Presented by the Tupper Lake Woodsmen's Association, the annual Woodmen's Days has something for everyone. Some of the highlighted events include: The Gala Parade, The Night Games (including the Tug-of-War and the infamous Greased Pole Climb), heavy equipment demonstrations and competitions, chainsaw carving competitions, lumberjack shows, children's activities, and much more!
July 13-15, 2018
Event Venue: The Tupper Lake Municipal Park
2018 Schedule of Events
- 6 p.m. -- Friday Night Festivites
- Woodsmen's dinner at Raquette River Brewing with live music
- 10 a.m. -- Woodsmen's Days Parade (From Town Hall to The Municipal Park)
- 11:45 a.m. -- Opening Ceremony (Grandstand)
- Chainsaw Carving Contest -- (Runs all day in the Grandstand)
- 1 p.m. - Chainsaw Carving Auction (Grandstand)
- 2 p.m. -- Woodsmen's Loading Competition (Heavy Equipment Area)
- 3 p.m. -- Four-Man Team Competition (Heavy Equipment Area)
- 6 p.m. -- Chainsaw Carving Auction (Grandstand)
Saturday Night Games
- 4:30-6:30 p.m. -- Night Games Registration (Main Office)
- 7 p.m. -- Kids' Greased Pole
- 7:30 p.m. -- Night Games (Greased Pole Climb and Tug-of-War)
- 10 a.m. -- Chiansaw Carving Contest (Grandstand)
- 1 p.m. -- Chainsaw Carving Auction (Grandstand)
- 1 p.m. -- Skidding Competition (Heavy Equipment Area)
- Truck Driving Competition
- 4 p.m. -- Chainsaw Carving "Masterpiece" Judging (Grandstand)
** Equipment Demonstrations run throughout the day and will be announced prior to their start.
Admission Price: $7 for adults and $3 for children
Lodging and Accommodations
Bring out the lumberjack in you and come join in the fun! With two days of activities in the heart of summer, this is a great time to come visit Tupper Lake. Browse through our lodging options and be sure to book a room early (they can fill up quickly)!
For additional information visit WoodsmensDays.com.
Questions: email WoodsmensDays@gmail.com or call (518) 354-2021.